The brother of Amy Winehouse’s ex-younger husband died on April 26.
Blake Fielder-Civil (husband of singer Amy), brother of Freddie Civil, was found face down in his underwear after a search at a Leeds hotel on April 26 last year. The brother of Amy Winehouse’s ex-younger husband died of a drug overdose, it has been revealed.
Freddie Civil, the younger brother of the singer’s ex-boyfriend Blake Fielder-Civil, died of a heroin overdose on April 26 last year, an inquest heard. Freddie, 27, escaped from a mental hospital and checked into a £40-a-night Leeds B&B where he injected himself with dangerous amounts of the drug, jurors were told.
Freddie was found face down in his underwear when emergency crews were called to the hotel where he was staying with a friend. Unfortunately, he was pronounced dead on the spot.
According to an inquest at Wakefield Coroners’ Court, which Blake attended, no external injuries were found. A pathologist told the jury that he had “horrendous levels of morphine” in his bloodstream from injecting heroin.
Lisa Barker, a pathologist, testified in court: “It was pointed to the lower end of the dangerous range. “It could have survived someone who took heroin on a daily basis because of tolerance, but it could have been more for a chronic user. Even for someone with a history of heroin use, it was in the “dangerous range.”
Blake Fielder-Civil’s younger brother Freddie, who was born in Grantham, Lincolnshire, was subject to a judge’s hospital order after being sentenced to HMP Leeds for an unspecified offence, according to trial evidence.
Freddie Civil, the younger brother of the singer’s ex-boyfriend Blake Fielder-Civil, died on April 26 last year. Blake Fielder-Civil’s younger brother died of a heroin overdose. After fleeing a mental institution, he died before checking into a £40-a-night B&B, an inquest heard.
Since autumn 2018, he has been detained under the Mental Health Act at Newton Lodge, a medium security facility in the grounds of Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield, West Yorks.
What happened to Freddy?
Freddy was initially thought to have paranoid schizophrenia, but the jury was told it was more likely chemical addiction rather than mental illness.
On the morning of Freddie’s death, the patient was taken to the banking area of the hotel, where he took out around £100 in cash and bought a drink from a shop. However, when he returned to his hospital ward, he gave the slip to the attendant who took him and fled the ward premises.
The employee tried to follow but was unable to catch him and reported him missing to the police. However, the ambulance staff found him unconscious in his hotel room that evening and informed the police.
Following Freddie’s injection of heroin, Freddie’s friend Dennis Lennon alerted hotel staff, Detective Constable Charlotte Carroll said.
According to testimony in court, Lennon rushed downstairs and instructed staff to “call an ambulance, I think he’s dead.” “He overdosed,” Lennon said when questioned about what happened. Lennon is being held and questioned, the court heard.
He told police that earlier in the day, he and Freddie had bought several beers. Later, Freddie was released after police determined that there was no evidence linking him to drug distribution.
Lennon said he was there to meet up with an old friend, but wanted to keep an eye on Freddie because he thought he might be in danger. Ngnews247.com